In this article:
- What Are Tough Mudder Challenges?
- What are the Challenge Categories and what do they mean?
- What equipment do I need?
- Will my distance from one challenge count towards another?
- Can you do the Challenge alone? Do you need a team?
- How do I create a team in Group Milestones?
- Can I do Challenges with my friends?
- What should I wear?
- Do Challenges need to be done in one day?
- Do the activities need to be completed in one go?
- Is it possible to sign up for a Tough Mudder Challenge after a particular Challenge has already started?
- Is there a minimum age for Tough Mudder Challenges?
- Can I use my event ticket, race pass, or season pass to register for Tough Mudder Challenges?
- Can I use my volunteer code to Register for Tough Mudder Challenges?
- I have more questions, where should I go for support?
What Are Tough Mudder Challenges?
A selection of Tough Mudder inspired virtual fitness activities designed to help you set fitness goals, push yourself and celebrate your achievements with a global community. You can tackle these challenges no matter where you are and share your progress and results with the global community.
Visit https://toughmudder.co.uk/challenges/ to learn more.
What are the Challenge Categories and what do they mean?
Tough Mudder Challenges are currently broken into four categories:
- Milestones: A series of individual and group targets that you can work towards over time including running, walking, jogging, cycling and elevation gain.
- Virtual Events: A series of unique events spread out over the course of the year.
- Marvel Series: Coming January 2021
- Missions: A series of iconic challenges that can be completed during Tough Mudder 5k and Tough Mudder Classic events.
What equipment do I need?
You’ll access the Tough Mudder Challenges platform through either a phone and/or a laptop/computer, with internet or Wi-Fi connectivity. If you have a wearable fitness tracker then we’d recommend using this to log your activity.
Most activities don’t require any equipment, those that do will be things that you’ll find around the house.
Will my distance from one challenge count towards another?
Any relevant activity you do whilst you have one or more Challenges live will count towards those Challenges. Activity done prior to purchase won’t be counted.
Example: If you purchase Stride 100 & Stride 500 at the same time each mile you run/walk or jog would count towards both. If you purchase Stride 500 after already completing Stride 100 you start from 0 miles again.
Can you do the Challenge alone? Do you need a team?
Many of the Challenges can be completed alone, but some, such as the Group Milestones and the Family 5k Relay are best done with others.
Although you can do Challenges alone, we encourage you to sign up with friends and join our community groups so you can enjoy the benefits of accountability and camaraderie.
How do I create a team in Group Milestones?
Our new Group Milestones allow for a Challenge to be completed by combining all team members towards a target. After you have redeemed your code within the FitRankings portal on your Group Milestone, select the ‘Teams’ tab up at the top. On this screen you can create a team, which your friends can then join and select a team logo. Once created this team will then sync all team members distance or elevation towards the group challenge total.
Can I do Challenges with my friends?
We’re all about teamwork and camaraderie and we’d encourage you to enter with your friends. You’ll have your own profile and will record your own activities, but you’re able to complete the activities with other people in a “team”, if you choose. Unless you are doing a Group Milestone (as above), you will not need to create or join a team within the Challenges platform. (Please remember to follow all social distancing guidelines as recommended by your local authorities).
What should I wear?
We recommend comfortable shoes and comfortable workout clothes. If you’re doing your Challenge outside dress appropriately for the prevailing conditions.
Do Challenges need to be done in one day?
- Milestones and Marvel Series can be completed at anytime between when you sign up and the end of the calendar year.
- Virtual Events need to be completed on the day the event is scheduled.
- Missions need to be completed during Live Events, but most can be completed over multiple event days if required.
Do the activities need to be completed in one go?
No. The Milestone challenges activities can be broken up over the duration of the Challenge (unless you’re a superhero athlete). As long as you’ve completed the required activities by the end of the Challenge, that's OK.
Is it possible to sign up for a Tough Mudder Challenge after a particular Challenge has already started?
- Milestones can be signed up for at any time between January 1st and December 31st, but must be completed by December 31st of the year you sign up in.
- Marvel Series can be signed up for at any time after each one launches but must be completed by December 31st of the year you sign up in.
- Virtual Events can only be signed up for in advance and must be completed on the scheduled date of the event.
- Missions can be signed up for at any time and can be completed when you next attend a Tough Mudder 5k of Tough Mudder Classic event in the UK.
Is there a minimum age for Tough Mudder Challenges?
The minimum age to participate in Tough Mudder Challenges is 13 years old. For those ages 13,14,15,16 or 17 years old you may only participate in a Tough Mudder Challenge if you are accompanied by your parent or legal guardian who will also need to agree to the Terms & Conditions and Waiver on your behalf. Some of our endurance based Virtual Events will be restricted to 18 years and older.
Can I use my event ticket, race pass, or season pass to register for Tough Mudder Challenges?
No. Tough Mudder Challenges are separate from our live events. Any unused 2020 tickets/codes can be transferred to a 2021 event in the region you purchased (UK or North America).
Can I use my volunteer code to Register for Tough Mudder Challenges?
No. Tough Mudder Challenges are separate from our live events. Any unused 2019 volunteer codes can be swapped for a UK or North America 2021 event. Check out the information on the Tough Mudder Volunteers Facebook page or email email@example.com.
I have more questions, where should I go for support?
- If you can’t find what you are looking for in our FAQ’s we recommend heading to your regions Facebook page, where the community are more than happy to help.
- If you have a technical question regarding wearables, tracing, or the FitRankings platform please submit a ticket at fitrankings.com/support for the quickest support.
- If you have general questions regarding Touch Mudder Challenges, merchandise, or other customer service queries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org